Digital Photography and Imaging Week 1

Leong Jiahui   

0353469   
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
GCD61204103262 / Digital Photography and Imaging

Week 1 - 31/3/22

Exploring Pinterest 
Our first task is to look up photoshop works on Pinterest and pick 3 of our favourites. Looking these up might’ve ruined my Pinterest algorithm recommendations, but it was worth it.

Work 1

Fig 1.1 photoshop work by Martín De

source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/74379831338621690/
I really liked how the roles of the person and the apple were switched where the apple has human teeth and the person was bitten. It was a very weird concept that makes you go... why. And I like it. Though I thought having his hand bitten too kinda threw off the theme as that part of his body was not covered in red clothing. 

Work 2
fig 1.2 Work by Yatzenty
source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/52987733102902828/

NO. You can't convince me that Photoshop isn't straight-up sorcery at this point cause just...HOW. Not just did the colours got enhanced, so many new elements were added and changed. What's mind-blowing is that despite all the changes made, you could still tell that they were the same picture. well, used to be, at least. 


Work 3
fig 1.3 Work by Zebra Art
source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7107311903101743/

I've seen a few works playing with perspectives and cameras but this one caught my eye. I really like the way where the camera lens was facing us instead of the other way round, it gives me the feeling that I'm looking at the view from my own eyes instead of through a lens. Also, love the overall warm tone the piece gives off despite having a cool colour, green & blue, as the majority of the background. Stunning work! 


The Bezier's Game
Our next task was to play the Bezier’s Game. Below are some screenshots of me in pain  attempting the Bezier's Game. 
fig 2.1 I was so confused

fig 2.2 airplane 
fig 2.3 this took way longer than it was supposed to

fig 2.4 my cloud is pointy


fig 2.5 side profile

At this point, one would assume that I've gotten the hang of the ying & the yang of the pen tool and can make curves like a master.
Wrong. 
I have no idea what I was doing then, and I have no idea what I'm doing now. 
fig 2.6 I give the duck up
I couldn't finish it. I needed a mental health break. Maybe I'll try it again later, and that's the problem. I need to start from scratch again...


Reflection 
DPI ended up being a very different subject than I initially thought it would be. It was so much more than just learning how to take good pictures. It felt more like a photoshop workshop lol. Excited to get started on the module! 

Comments